- This event has passed.
Bay Area Dinner in Walnut Creek February 12, 2019
February 12 @ 6:00 pm - February 20 @ 8:00 pm$60.00 – $65.00
Ross Garcia, CDLP, and Jason Crowley, CFA, CFP, CDFA present“Mortgage Financing Strategies in Divorce”.
Join us for a presentation covering what you need to know about mortgages in the divorce settlement process:
• Leveraging the mortgage as a settlement tool
• Key lender guidelines and creative workarounds
• MSA verbiage
• Case studies
This presentation will also address key mortgage considerations during divorce, characteristics of divorce specific lender guidelines, and loan approval strategies to help your clients obtain financing. Mr. Garcia and Mr. Crowley will provide guidance on topics such as:
• Identify the 3 primary loan buckets and key distinctions
• Implications of recent tax reform
• How support structuring impacts loan qualification and the ‘qualified borrower’
• Case studies highlighting strategies for navigating lender requirements and utilizing the mortgage as a settlement tool
• Marital Settlement Agreement language to ensure successful financing